If you purchase your own vehicle to use for private hire purposes, you must consider the following requirements and fees.
PCO/Private Hire Vehicle Requirements
- All new vehicles or vehicles new to licensing must be no older than five years and meet the Euro 4 standards for emissions at time of licensing
- Vehicles already licensed by TfL must be no older than 10 years at time of licensing
Private Hire Vehicle Inspection
You must get your vehicle inspected by TfL and provide the following.
- Existing PHV vehicle licence (if applicable)
- V5c DVLA Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Insurance documents
- MOT certificate issued within the last 14 days
- Vehicle modification documents
- Any other relevant documentation relating to the vehicle, where appropriate, such as Voluntary Individual Vehicle Approval (VIVA)
Private Hire Vehicle Licensing Fees
|Application fee||£84 (non-refundable)|
|Grant of licence fee||£56|
How long does the Private Hire Vehicle last for?
All new licenses are issues for a period of 12 months.
Where and how to book my PHV inspection
To book your vehicle inspection, you must call 0343 222 5555.
Below are a list of inspection centres
Central East Site
Unit 1 North Crescent, Canning Town, E16 4TL
Central West Site
Unit 2 Aquarius Business Park, Staples corner, Priestly
Way, NW2 7AN
Unit Q1, Acorn Business Park, Crayford, Kent, DA1 4AL
Unit 2, Watermill Business Centre, Edison Road, Enfiel
d, EN3 7XF
Unit B5, Redlands, Ullswater
Surrey, CR5 2HT
20A Airlinks Industrial
Estate, Spitfire Way, Heston, TW5 9NR