New TfL Requirements – English Language Certificate
- Required by anyone applying after 14th October 2016
- Applicants will get a transition time of up to the end of April 2019 to pass
- For NEW and RENEWAL applicants
- Everyone must either do the test or prove they have previous certificate i.e GSCE Grade of A* – G
- Must be at a B1 (CEFR Standard)
- Compulsory Requirement
- No Certificate means No Licence
Updated: 14/10/2016 – The English Language Requirement will apply to all new and renewal applicants for the private hire licence for London. Individual who have been educated in the UK or abroad who have proof of qualifications of a B1/GSCE Level English can submit this.
Where can you do the test
TfL have 3 approved centres in and around London, we can help you book your test. The test booked via us will cost £200. If you require an English language course that will help you pass your test, we can provide you with our B1 English Language course. Please get in touch for more details on email@example.com or call 020 8088 2787.
B1 English Book & CD for Self-Study
If you prefer to self study, you can buy the Trinity B1 ISE I Self Study Book from our dedicated site.
BUY TFL B1 ENGLISH BOOK AND CD