As a part of your PHV/PCO Licence application process you must provide a current enhanced DBS CRB, which is a document that shows Transport for London any convictions you may or may not have so that they may consider your application.
The following may have cause for concern and could result in a rejected application.
- Any conviction for a major violent offence (murder, manslaughter etc)
- You have more than one conviction of any type of violent offence in the last 10 years
- You are still serving a custodial sentence, even if you have been released early on licence or the sentence was suspended
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for a serious sexual offence (rape, indecent assault, trafficking, possession of indecent images etc)
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for more than one sexual offence of any type, irrespective of age
- Are listed on the Individual Safeguarding Agency’s barred list
- Have been convicted, cautioned or subjected to any other penalty for touting in the last 12 months or have more than one penalty for touting in the last five years
If you have a specific conviction that is not listed above, please read the more detailed TfL PH Licensing guide or give Transport for London a call and discuss your options.